Walk & Bike to School Day 2019
Reported by email@example.com on 10/10/19
On Wednesday, October 2nd, Kendall Elementary students and families participated in our annual Walk/Bike to School Day. Despite the rain, students showed up to show their commitment to the cause! They met at locations around the school to join their friends to participate in the event. International Walk/Bike to School Day is a global event that involves communities from more than 40 countries walking and biking to school on the same day in October – www.walkbiketoschool.org. Communities and schools are using Walk or Bike to School Day as the first step to change community culture and to create options for getting around that are more inviting for everyone, both young and old. Here are some reasons we support walking and bicycling to school:
• It’s Fun! - Walking and bicycling bring a sense of joy and independence.
• Healthier Habits - The trip to school is a chance for children (and adults!) to get the physical activity they need.
• Cleaner Environment - Replacing car trips to school with walking or bicycling can reduce congestion and air-polluting emissions.
• Promoting Safety - Building sidewalks, providing education programs and adding traffic calming measures are some of the ways to improve safety.
• Community Benefits - Reducing traffic congestion, boosting a sense of community, and improving neighborhood connections benefit the community.
Check out the pictures of our students and families in action!
Walk & Bike to School Day 2019 Pictures (